Happy March! Even though Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted 6 more weeks of winter last month, with March comes the promise of Spring and warmer weather. With March also comes the popular St. Patrick’s Day holiday! With those two promises for March it’s sure to be a busy month here in the greater Pittsburgh area. I want to encourage relocation to my beautiful city so of course I’m going to show you how if you consider one of our featured listings and move to Pittsburgh, you’ll never be bored!
5 Family Friendly March Events in Pittsburgh
- What: Disney On Ice: Princesses and Heroes
- Where: 1001 Fifth Avenue
- Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- When: March 4, 2015 – March 8, 2015 – 7:00 PM
- Contact: 412-642-1800
- Who doesn’t love Disney! This is the perfect event for families of any ages! Join Ariel, Aurora, Jasmin & Aladdin, Elsa & Anna and more! Everyone knows the classic tales of these Disney stores – experience them in a whole new level, on ice!
- What: Celebration of Chocolate
- Where: Regional Learning Alliance
- 850 Cranberry Woods Drive
- Cranberry Township, PA 16066
- When: March 7, 2015 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Contact: www.visitbutlercounty.com/events/6183-m/2nd-annual-celebration-chocolate
- Everyone loves chocolate! This is an event for all ages! You and your family can experience all of the activities at this 2nd annual event including- hourly live demonstrations, chocolate fountain, kid’s area, competitions, shopping, & sampling delicious chocolates!
- What: 11th Annual Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival
- Where: 1000 Penn Avenue
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- When: March 27th, 2015 (recurring every 3 days)
- Contact: 412-281-3700
- While this event is child-friendly, this might be an event geared more towards your teenager or young adult. This is a great mother-daughter bonding event because it includes classes, a marketplace, a design contest, yarn tasting, and even a fashion show!
- What: Breakfast or Lunch with Easter Bunny
- Where: One Wild Place
- Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- When: March 28, 2015 – April 29, 2015 (Every Sunday, Saturday) – 9:30 AM
- Contact: 412-665-3640
- While this is a typically an event geared towards the younger families, there’s also great food, live entertainment and holiday craft making for the older families. Take a picture with the Easter Bunny as way to remember the occasion!
- What: 49th Annual Ukranian Easter Egg Sale
- Where: Ukranian Orthodox Church
- 2200 Mansfield Blvd.
- Carnegie, PA 15106
- When: March 29th, 2015 11:00 AM
- Contact: 412-527-5359
- Again, while this event is child-friendly this might be better suited for the “tweens” and teenagers in your family. According to VisitPittsburgh.com this event includes things that might be geared towards a more mature family including crafts from Eastern Europe, Ukrainian foods, over 1,500 Ukrainian Easter Eggs, door prizes, basket raffles, & church & museum tours. A great event if you’re looking to get your family interested in a little more culture!
There were almost too many events to choose from our source for this blog, VisitPittsburgh.com. However, with St. Patrickthe accompanying informational graphic lists 5 Adult only events to enjoy. I hope this blog has encouraged you to get out there and explore my beautiful city and consider one of my featured listings so you have a permanent home in Pittsburgh, PA!
Your #1 Pittsburgh Real Estate Resource
I pride myself on being your number one resource with everything ranging from Pittsburgh Real Estate to DIY home projects to tips about events going on in and around the city like this blog post.
Until Next Time,