Happy July! Unfortunately it’s been a very rainy and unpredictable summer for us Yinzers so far. Hopefully that will all change for the month of July so you can enjoy these great events! In my previous blog I gave you a number of great festivals and locations to celebrate the 4th of July in the greater Pittsburgh area and the South Hills. This blog might have a few more ways to celebrate but don’t forget about these other great events going on the rest of the month! Get out there and enjoy my beautiful city and maybe we’ll see you at some of these events!
5 Family Friendly July Events in Pittsburgh
- What: Haunted Pittsburgh Walking Tours
- Where: Pittsburgh City-County Building
- 414 Grant Street
- Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- When: Every Friday & Saturday from May 22, 2015 – November 7, 2015
- -7:00 PM
- Contact: 412-302-5223
- These spooky tales of Pittsburgh might be better suited for the families with older children that can handle the terror. This event is great for both Pittsburgh natives and newbies – get to know the beautiful city of Pittsburgh on a completely different level with these “masterfully told” scary stories of your favorite neighborhoods.
- What: Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit
- Where: Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- 10 Children’s Way
- Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- When: June 13, 2015 – September 20, 2015 – 10:00 AM
- Contact: 412-322-5058
- If you’re looking to get your family immersed in art and culture then this is a great exhibit for you. Celebrate Eric Carle and the power of art with his works as an artist, illustrator and author!
- What: 2015 Annual St. Sebastian Parish Festival
- Where: St Sebastian Parish
- 311 Siebert Road
- Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- When: July 6, 2015 – July 11, 2015 – 6:30 PM
- Contact: 412-364-8999 or www.saintsebastianparish.org/festival
- This festival is a great way to bond with your family because there’s something for everyone! Adults and parents can enjoy the “best-organized” flea market while kids can enjoy the “Kids’ Zone” that includes some great activities, and even a 6 foot tall teddy bear!
- What: Tropical Forest Congo Festival
- Where: Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- One Schenley Park
- Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- When: July 11, 2015 – 11:00 AM
- Contact: 412-622-6914
- This is a great way to get your kids immersed in another culture! Enjoy the sounds of Africa through the Duquesne University Mary Pappert School of Music, and the tastes of Africa through Café Phipps while experiencing a number of great activities!
- What: Kids Ultimate Fitness Challenge – Pittsburgh
- Where: Allegheny County Parks Department
- 501 County Office Building
- Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- When: July 18, 2015 – 10:00 AM
- Contact: 206-489-8056
- Don’t let your kids get lazy this summer! This event for kids of all ages lets them run wild through a number of activities like wall crawls, obstacle courses and more! This is a great event for the whole family and a great way to encourage your kids to keep an active and healthy lifestyle!
Again, while most events are child-friendly, some might be better suited for the “tweens” and teenagers in your family. Summer is a great time to spend learning about a new artist, a new culture, or discovering a great new physical fitness activity that you can enjoy with your family. There are also so many great festivals going on in the city that we couldn’t list them all! For more ways to explore our beautiful city this July 2015, feel free to visit the source for this blog – visitpittsburgh.com. However if you’re looking for a date night or a night out with friends, feel free to visit our accompanying infographic where we list 5 July events in Pittsburgh for the older crowd. Whichever way you go, we hope to see you out there!
Your #1 Pittsburgh Real Estate Resource
I pride myself on being your number one resource with everything ranging from Pittsburgh Real Estate to DIY home projects to tips about events going on in and around the city like this blog post.
Until Next Time,