Once again The Jim Dolanch Team hope your 2017 is off to a fantastic start. February is known as the “month of love” with Valentine’s Day. What better way to show your loved ones how much you care by giving them the gift of time? Take your significant other or your family to any of these fantastic events and create memories that you’re sure to love forever, just like them! In this blog we’ll provide you with a mixture of events that are suitable for both your family and also just for adults (for a date night or night out with friends.) Again, we strive to be your number one resource with not only real estate, but also the entire Pittsburgh area!
February 2017 Events In Pittsburgh
- What: 7th Annual Winterfest
- Where: Moraine State Park
- 225 Pleasant Valley Road
- Portersville, PA 16051-9651
- When: Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 11:00 AM
- Contact: 724-368-9185 or Event Website
- Luckily we’ve had a pretty tame winter here in Pittsburgh so far. So if you’re looking for an event to put you in the winter spirit, this one should do the trick! It has something for everyone with a 5k run/walk, chili cook-off, live music, horse drawn wagon rides, crafts, bonfire and so much more! It would make a perfect date or memory with friends! Make it a tradition and come back each year!
- What: I Made It! Sweet
- Where: McCandless Crossing
- McKnight Road
- Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- When: Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Contact: 412-254-4464 or Facebook Event
- The I Made It! market was such a success the first time it’s returning for a second year! If you’re looking to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit and make give your Valentine a thoughtful handmade gift, there will be approximately 50 local artisans at this event! Some gifts available for purchase will include personalized jewelry, bath & body products, child-friendly gifts, housewares, and more!
- What Penguins On Parade
- Where: Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- One Wild Place
- Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- When: January 7, 2017 – February 25, 2017
- (Every Saturday & Sunday at 11:30 AM)
- Contact: 412-665-3640 or Pittsburgh Zoo website
- If you’re an animal lover then this event is perfect for you and your family of any age! Weather permitting of course, the penguins will walk along the pathway at PPG Aquarium to join in your clapping, laughing and photo-taking. It’s sure to be a great day with the Penguins on Parade!
- What: Breaking Banana
- Where: Island Undergound Studios
- 1000 Island Avenue
- McKees Rocks, PA 15136
- When: Friday February 3rd from 7PM to 2AM
- Contact: Facebook Event
- If you’re looking for something a little bit on the sillier side to do with your friends over the weekend then this is the event for you! Get your best banana costume (order online or make it yourself) and your friends and take part in an attempt to have the most bananas in one place for the Guinness Book of World Records. There will be drinks and dancing and it’s sure to be a great time!
- What: Ginger Whiskey Weekend
- Where: 2401 Smallman Street
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- When: Saturday, February 18, 201 at 10:00 AM
- Contact: 412-224-2827 or Event Website
- If you love whiskey and food then this event is perfect for you and your date! While VisitPittsburgh.com says it’s child-friendly, since alcohol is involved it’s probably best to leave the kids at home. This event was developed in partnership with Chatham University’s Food Studies Program and includes different pairings to include: chocolate and whiskey pairing, ginger whiskey cocktails, ginger whiskey sampling, and more!
- What: Cherry Pie Hike
- Where: Jennings Environmental Center
- Route 528
- Slippery Rock, PA 16057
- When: Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM
- Contact: 724-738-4964 or http://www.washingtonstrail.org/
- To get some good exercise into this month celebrate George Washington’s Birthday with the Cherry Pie Hike! This is not a child-friendly event because they’ll be discussing history, hiking, and having cherry pie!
Also, don’t forget on February 25, CENTURY 21 Frontier Realty will hold its 2nd Annual Cash Bash! For more info. or tickets, please call 724-941-8680 or visit the Event Facebook Page!
We hope these events get your February in Pittsburgh started on the right foot. If you’re already living here, don’t let the colder weather keep you from exploring all of these fantastic events and more in the greater Pittsburgh area. If these events have you considering changing your home address to a Pittsburgh one, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Have a safe and happy February!!
Want to change your address to a Pittsburgh one?
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about Pittsburgh, moving here, or some of the areas in and around Pittsburgh. Also, we’d be happy to assist you in your search for a home in the greater Pittsburgh area!
Until Next Time,