It’s finally the most wonderful time of the year! You may have already missed Pittsburgh’s annual Light Up Night, but there are still plenty of holiday-themed events in and throughout the greater Pittsburgh area for the month of December. In this blog we’ll provide you with a mixture of events that are both suitable for your family and also just for adults (for a date night or night out with friends.) Again, we strive to be your number one resource with not only real estate, but also the entire Pittsburgh area!
December 2016 Events In Pittsburgh
- What: Adult Gingerbread Class
- Where: Fairmont Pittsburgh
- 510 Market Street
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- When: Thursday, December 1, 2016 – 6:00 PM
- Contact: 412-773-8903
- This event is a great idea for either a date night with your special somebody or a night out with friends. Pastry Chef James Wroblewski will teach guests the secrets of decorating their own holiday gingerbread houses. $75 includes not only the great decorating tips and secrets but the materials, hor d’oeuvres and two holiday cocktails!
- What: 27th Annual Beaver County Festival of Trees
- Where: Brady’s Run Park Lodge
- 121 Bradys Run Road
- Beaver Falls, PA 15010
- When: November 24, 2016 – December 3, 2016
- 12:00 – 9:00 PM Friday – Sunday
- 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Thursday
- Contact: 330-502-9882
- This is a great event for families and friends of any age! If you haven’t started decorating your own Christmas trees yet you can get some uniquely creative ideas from the wide variety of Christmas trees and wreaths that will be on display. Once you’ve had your fill of them you can also stop by the North Pole Café, Santa Land, Candy Land gift shop or simply enjoy the entertainment that will be provided!
- What: Harry Potter Magical Holiday Ball with Barnes and Noble
- Where: Barnes & Noble at South Hills Village Mall
- 301 South Hills Village
- Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- When: Friday, December 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM
- Contact: (412) 835-0379 or Facebook Event
- If your family is a fan of Harry Potter then this is the event for you! Barnes & Noble will transform into the Magical Harry Potter Ball with dancing, adult & children’s crafts, specialty beverages, and more!
- What: Lawrenceville Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl
- Where: Lawrenceville, PA
- When: Saturday, December 10, 2016 -> 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Contact: Facebook Event
- If you’re over 21, borrow that ugly Christmas sweater that your parents wear every year and get out to Lawrenceville! Enjoy $4 Sam Adams at the following bars throughout Lawrenceville – Bierport, Industry, New Amsterdam & Belvederes!
- What: New Year’s Eve Family Celebration
- Where: Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- One Schenley Park
- Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- When: December 31 2016 – 6:00 PM
- Contact: 412-622-6915
- If your kids can’t stay awake long enough to ring in the New Year, celebrate it with them at this family-friendly event! The countdown for the New Year is at 8:45 PM so the whole family can celebrate!
- What: The Dinner Detective Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner Show
- Where: Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
- 112 Washington Pl
- Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- When: April 09, 2017 – December 31, 2016 at 6:00 PM
- Contact: 866-496-0535
- This is a murder mystery unlike any other! Unlike most murder mystery dinner, the actors are placed with the guests! Guests don’t know who they are until they die, and many die throughout the show! Enjoy a fantastic show and even get a prize if you’re the Top Sleuth!
We hope these events have you excited for December 2016 and the holiday season in the greater Pittsburgh area. If you’re already living here, don’t let the colder weather keep you from exploring all of these fantastic events and more in the greater Pittsburgh area. If these events have you considering changing your home address to a Pittsburgh one, don’t hesitate in contacting us!
Have a safe and Happy December and happy Holiday Season!!
Want to change your address to a Pittsburgh one?
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about Pittsburgh, moving here, or some of the areas in and around Pittsburgh. Also, we’d be happy to assist you in your search for a home in the greater Pittsburgh area!
Until Next Time,