As March comes to a close and the weather starts warming up I thought it was important to get your calendar ready for all the events happening around Pittsburgh in April 2014. Pittsburgh is of course buzzing with excitement for the Opening Day of the Pirates today, especially after the rock-star season they had last year! Not counting the numerous Pirates games that are bound to be sure-fire family fun events, here are five other family-friendly events to keep a look out for (as well as five adult-only events in the accompanying informational graphic!).
- What: 7th Annual Trivia Bowl – Here you can have fun with your family and friends while still learning a thing or two! $20+ gets you in the door and also benefits Greater Pittsburgh’s Literacy Council students. It is possible to have fun while learning and this event proves it!
When: April 6 2014 (Tuesday) at 3:00 PM
Where: St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral Hall
419 S. Dithridge Street
Contact: GPLC Staff at 412-393-7632 or www.gplc.org/trivia
2. What: 2014 Pittsburgh Folk Festival – This is the perfect family-fun event that is sure to educate and get your kids cultured as well. Enjoy cuisine and live entertainment from around the world and broaden your family’s horizons! This is a Pittsburgh tradition that families of all sizes and ages love and look forward to each spring. So bring your family and share in the fun tradition!
When: April 18, 2014 (Friday) 4-10 PM
April 19, 2014 (Saturday) 10 AM – 10 PM
Where: 4141 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3547
3. What: Bunny Trail Tyke Hyke 2014 –This is perfect for a younger family and a great excuse to get outdoors! For just $12 per child you can bond with your little ones and help them get their exercise while picking eggs that The Easter Bunny laid out along Schenley Park. If you’re wondering what the $12 is for, there are of course crafts and snacks following the hike!
When: April 19, 2014 (Saturday before Easter) 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Where: Shenley Park
4. What: 2014 Quality Life Services Cook-Off – Take your kids back in time to the 50s and celebrate the culinary talents from Quality Life Services communities throughout Western Pennsylvania. Quality Life Services has been a personal care and independent living service in Western Pennsylvania for over thirty years. Bring your families, friends, and $20 and come vote on the best sliders and slaws and even enjoy an Elvis impersonator! You get to have fun while supporting a great cause!
When: April 23, 2014 (Wednesday) at 2:00 PM
Where: The Chadwick
10545 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090
Contact: Holly Muchnok at 724-687-0707
5. What: 2014 Art All Night Lawrenceville – Indulge your family with an evening of art at Art All Night in Lawrenceville. This is the most powerful art show you will ever see because it includes the combined passions from volunteers and strangers contributing to one art show. It is family and kid-friendly and completely free!
When: April 26, 2014 (Memorial Day Monday) 4:00 PM – April 27, 2014
Where: Willow Street Development 40th and Willow Street
97 40th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Contact: 412-235-1950 or www.artallnight.org
As you can see, Visit Pittsburgh’s event calendar gave you tons of events that are suitable for families of all ages and sizes. If you don’t have a family just yet or are simply looking for a great date night with your significant other, the accompanying information graphic provides you with five events that are geared towards the older crowd. I hope this blog has enticed you to want to come live in the beautiful city of Pittsburgh! If so, make sure you contact me today to help you find your beautiful Pittsburgh home!
Your #1 Pittsburgh Real Estate Resource
I pride myself on being your number one resource with everything ranging from Pittsburgh Real Estate to DIY home projects to Seasonal tips like this blog post. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need any more advice on listing your Pittsburgh home.
Until Next Time,